I have a groovy script running as ScriptRunner listener. It pings our HipChat rooms from the script. The code to @mention a user in the script, which works, is <hc-mention>@ryan</hc-mention> for example. My question is how I can lookup in the groovy script what a user's @mention handle is. If they were all the same format I'd be fine but people can adjust their handles and make them just first name for example. I need a way to look them up in the script.
In order to look up a user's mention, you either need to compare it to the list of all users by calling https://www.hipchat.com/docs/apiv2/method/get_all_users or you need to have the user's ID and call https://www.hipchat.com/docs/apiv2/method/view_user. If you keep a local cache of all the users that gets refreshed periodically, this could help you do the lookup more quickly.
Thank you Chris. I'll give that a try.
Hi Ryan,
Want to share some basic code? I cant get Hipchat to work with Groovy, just get 401 or 400.
Works fine from CURL and Powershell....
BR,
Normann
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.