I work from home with online businesses. This is how I became involved with Atlassian because I needed Trello. What else can I do with this program? I have been reviewing it and I am trying to see the benefit other than using Trello. This community seems to be very active and individuals take action.
Rosie Thomas
@Rosie Thomas It seems more of a disucssion then question.
Jira is online tool and like all online tool it does promote work from home. As a suggestion I can only say read through Atlassian blogs like this - https://www.atlassian.com/blog/technology/remote-it-best-practices
Hey Rosie,
I hope WFH life is treating you well.
Jira Service Management (formerly Jira Service Desk) could certainly help you manage the requests you receive from the businesses you work with.
Depending on how your work is structured, you could setup a service desk with a Help Center where you customers would be able see the different types of work they can request from you and raise tickets in your queue.
This would allow you to see everything that is asked of you in a single place, and prioritise your time based on the urgency of tasks (the inbuilt SLA's are a great way of determining this).
If you work in a team, or a small organisation this method could help you collaborate or scale working from home productivity.
We call this Enterprise Service Management (ESM) and you can read more about it here https://www.atlassian.com/itsm/esm.
I hope this gives you some food for thought.
Cheers,
Ben.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.