I am trying to create and upload a jira connect app,can I do it with my pyhton instead of javascript,procedure with js is mentioned here https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/getting-started-with-connect/please let me know how this can be done
Hi @Harshit Somani
Welcome to community! You can be able to use any language to code on Jira Cloud. with Python you can use micro web-framework such as Flask or bottle or web-framework such as Django, the options are endless. You can incorporate bootstrap in your UI design instead of using the ADG3 called Atlaskit if you want. You will need to get more understanding of JWT to start up with though.
@Prince Nyeche - ELFAPP I have created an app using python(flask,flask-ngrok).I am able to load the apps successfully with the links(in my case link is 'https://618834426a38.ngrok.io') generated using flask-ngrok.But when I am uploading it as an app to jira its showing "Problem accessing the file https://618834426a38.ngrok.io/basic.json" error message,can you please help me with it
Your connect file should be "atlassian-connect.json" where it contains the configuration.
@Prince Nyeche - ELFAPP ,yes I did it so,my app is normally working in the browser, and when I install the app in jira,it is not even opening,I used ngrok to host the app,Are there any prerequisite steps I have to follow if I use python flask
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.