I have created an automation rule that creates a new ticket in another project and creates a relates to link (works fine when I email a request) however I am trying to bulk create tickets via importing issues and only part of the automation rule is being applied - only difference is how I am logging the ticket - trigger is ticket is created -please can you help
Hello Stefan,
I think this is a problem of Scope; you are using a Single project scope targeting the project "ExternalPortal" but your rule creates an issue in another one.
Can you try to change the scope to Mutli-Projects and Add at least both of your projects ? Your rule will then be limited to 500 monthly executions as you may know (because of the multi-projects rules limitation on the Standard plan) but as far as I know it is the only way to make it work.
Let me know if it helps,
Guilhem
Hi Guilhem,
I tried the above with no success, the issue I have is that if I create the ticket manually by raising a request via portal or an emailed request the automation rule works perfect with no isssues however when I try to create the same ticket via import issues (Bulk Create) only a quarter of the rule is applied i.e. it does not create a task in another project and link theses via a relates to link
Hi @Stefan Neil
Oh okay I think I get it now ! So the problem is due to the condition you put before the issue creation part of your automation : you check the reporter email address for a specific value.
Which user do you set as reporter when you bulk create issues ?
Hi Guilhem,I have a CSV file with multiple users, Reporters are mapped via an email address so I will have different reporters. I would do the bulk creation myself and I have full admin rights and I don't believe I have the option to set a reporter when bulk creating unless I am mistaken. Do I need to have a specific rule added to my automation for importing?. The justification behind this is I am already using FreshDesk and would like to transfer tickets from FreshDesk into Jira
I am also experiencing this problem.
Any update on this, please?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.