So can a customer who is part of the jira service desk project request a reset for password even though he did not sign up as part of the Welcome invite?
Hi Karishma,
No. Resend the invitation link. Cheers!
@Karishma
If the user has an account then they can request a reset. For instance if you add a customer that customer even though they did not complete the process after the invite was sent would be able to come back and reset their password. The user needs to make sure that they enter the correct email address or no email will be sent.
There is no resend link for customers, we have to delete the customer account and add them back. This is a hassle. Even as an admin under User management->Jira service management for a customer's email I only see 4 options --- Delete account
Change password
migrate to atlassian account
revoke access
It does not help.
Once the welcome email has been sent the user will need to use the change password link when signing in. This will send them a link were they can get their password and sign in for the first time. you can also do it for them if you like.
I know about the forgot password link, one of the user's tried it and did not see it come to their private email comcast account. I had tried it, and it worked. The difference was the comcast account never signed up, I had finsihed the sign up process.
I was looking for a way to automate the reset password process but Bobswift CLI mentioned that is not possible for the cloud. It would really help if there was a way to reset the password using automation or resend a welcome invite.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.