Hi,I used to have an account with this username, charshin, in an organization, I have left the organization and believed my account has been deleted. I am trying to reuse that username but to no avail. Can you please do a check on it?
Hi @Charlie Chau and welcome to the community!
The legacy sign-in form can be used only if a Bitbucket account has not been migrated to an Atlassian account yet, so it won't be useful here.
This account is a managed account, the domain of the account's email has been claimed by the company, and as such it is considered to be owned by the company.
My suggestion would be to contact them and ask for your account to be deleted, so that you can reuse the username.
Kind regards,Theodora
@Charlie Chau Welcome to the community
I think you account is still there, you can check by visiting this url - https://bitbucket.org/charshin/
Is there a way to login using username? I tried this link https://bitbucket.org/account/legacy-signin/ but it always redirects me to latest login page using email. Reason is I might remember the password, but I don't have access to the associated email for that account anymore, which is my company email.
Hi Theodora,Thanks for you answer, I already contacted my ex-company, they said my account had been deleted. I don't know why my username is not released. Can you help check? Also, is it possible for your team to release it? I can provide proof of my ownership of that username if needed. Thanks.
Hi @Charlie Chau ,
I believe that what most likely happened is that the account's access was removed from the company workspace, as the account is not deleted, it still exists.
We may be able to release it if we get permission from one of the Org admins. What I can do is open a support ticket for you in this issue. We can then CC one of the Org Admins in this support ticket and request permission to delete this account, or let them know how they can delete this account from their side. (The support ticket will be viewable only to you, Atlassian staff and any Org admin we CC there)
Would it be ok to proceed with this plan?
Lovely, thanks a lot for your prompt support, really appreciate, ya pls proceed. Awesome!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.