I'm using `atlassian/email-notify:0.4.2` and trying to set build notifications using office365 but I am getting following error.
Failed to send email to $BUILD_NOTIFY_USERNAME. Check your configuration settings: (535, b'5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful [BY3PR05CA0008.namprd05.prod.outlook.com]'
Credentials are correct however I'm not sure what 'HOST' value should be used. I have tried it with following host values with no difference in the result
- outlook.office.com
- smtp.office365.com
- outlook.office365.com
As per IT team we don't allow external SMTP connections to O365 because Microsoft recommends against this for security reasons. We suspect this failure is because of it.
1. By default Bitbucket sends notification email to only commit author when pipeline fails. Is it possible to configure this field to a list of email addresses either at repository or workspace level?
2. Can someone recommend what is the best practice if we want to use O365 to send build notifications considering the recommendation from Microsoft?
3. Any guidance on what HOST value should be used for office365?
Thanks in advance.