Hello Everyone. I am playing with my first plugin for Jira Server - v8.13.2 (Local installation with 20+ days left.). Plugin is developed as a maven project and it is tested successfully - with running both - main method and running FAT Jar. It does exactly what it is supposed to do - sync issues on 2 instances of Jira, one local and another remote Jira Server. I am using 1.8 JAVA SDK and Atlassian SDK. IDE is Intellij. I am executing "atlas-package" and the build is successful - see on attachment. I can see the jar and I can see it has all of the dependencies. While "atlas-package" was running, it synced the 2 instances of Jira. But when I try to upload the app, I have "Could not install the file xxxx-xxxx-x.x.jar. Check that the file is valid." I am not able to upload it locally or on the remote instance, so I am assuming it is not a Env. problem. Any advice or baby stepping help will be much appreciated.
On your development machine, try
atlas-run
instead of atlas-package. The atlas-run will package up the same .jar file, but also deploy, start and (try to) install the .jar on a local copy, where you'll have full access to the logs to see why it's not able to open the file.
.
Thank you Nic Brough _Adaptavist_! That was helpful. With "atlas-run" I see a problem now:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:amps-dispatcher-maven-plugin:8.1.0:run (default-cli) on project xxxx-xxxx: Couldn't detect an AMPS plugin to dispatch to.ATLAS Version is 8.2.6. AMPS Version is 8.1.0. My pom.xml look like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion><groupId>xxxx</groupId><artifactId>xxxx-xxxx</artifactId><version>1.0</version><build><plugins><plugin><groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId><artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId><version>3.8.1</version><configuration><source>8</source><target>8</target><encoding>UTF-8</encoding></configuration></plugin></plugins></build><dependencies><dependency><groupId>javax.annotation</groupId><artifactId>javax.annotation-api</artifactId><version>1.3.2</version><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><dependency><groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId><artifactId>spring-boot-starter</artifactId><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><!-- https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.atlassian.maven.plugins/amps-dispatcher-maven-plugin --><dependency><groupId>com.atlassian.maven.plugins</groupId><artifactId>amps-dispatcher-maven-plugin</artifactId><version>8.1.0</version><scope>provided</scope></dependency><dependency><groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId><artifactId>spring-boot-starter-cache</artifactId><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><dependency><groupId>javax.cache</groupId><artifactId>cache-api</artifactId><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><dependency><groupId>org.ehcache</groupId><artifactId>ehcache</artifactId><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><dependency><groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId><artifactId>httpclient</artifactId><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><dependency><groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId><artifactId>commons-lang3</artifactId><version>3.11</version><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><dependency><groupId>org.springframework</groupId><artifactId>spring-web</artifactId><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><dependency><groupId>com.fasterxml.jackson.core</groupId><artifactId>jackson-databind</artifactId><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><dependency><groupId>com.fasterxml.jackson.datatype</groupId><artifactId>jackson-datatype-jsr310</artifactId><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><dependency><groupId>de.cronn</groupId><artifactId>reflection-util</artifactId><version>2.8.0</version><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><dependency><groupId>de.cronn</groupId><artifactId>ssh-proxy</artifactId><version>1.6</version><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><dependency><groupId>org.slf4j</groupId><artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId><scope>compile</scope><exclusions><exclusion><artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><groupId>commons-logging</groupId></exclusion></exclusions></dependency><dependency><groupId>junit</groupId><artifactId>junit</artifactId><scope>test</scope></dependency><dependency><groupId>org.mockito</groupId><artifactId>mockito-core</artifactId><version>3.5.13</version><scope>test</scope></dependency><dependency><groupId>org.assertj</groupId><artifactId>assertj-core</artifactId><version>3.17.2</version><scope>test</scope></dependency><dependency><groupId>nl.jqno.equalsverifier</groupId><artifactId>equalsverifier</artifactId><version>3.5</version><scope>test</scope></dependency><dependency><groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId><artifactId>spring-boot-starter-test</artifactId><scope>test</scope></dependency><dependency><groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId><artifactId>spring-boot-starter-web</artifactId><scope>test</scope></dependency></dependencies><dependencyManagement><dependencies><dependency><groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId><artifactId>spring-boot-starter-parent</artifactId><version>1.5.22.RELEASE</version><scope>import</scope><type>pom</type></dependency></dependencies></dependencyManagement></project>
I suspect the version and setup of the AMPS plugin is wrong for the version of Jira and/or the version of the SDK you have.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Failed-to-run-plugin-Couldn-t-detect-an-AMPS-product-to-dispatch/qaq-p/917687 has suggested fixes for this
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.