Hi,
I am interested to create a ticketing system in my company based on reporting issues in machines around the world. I saw that interaction bewteen Insight assessment management and Jira Service it is tool that I need.
After some trials and tests, following all the Jira and Insight documentation and videos, I realized that most of this information is based on Jira Desktop, but it is not so hard to follow all the steps in the new Jira Service Managment. What it was impossible to me was activated the custom field option in Jira issue report where I expectd to see the list of objects that I created in Insight following the instructions on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwrznzXdOPw&t=610s
https://documentation.mindville.com/insight/5.0/insight-101/integrate-with-jira-service-desk
https://documentation.mindville.com/display/INSSERV/Default+Insight+Custom+Field
Although the field is showed in the isue report form, there is no showed any list of the objects. I used objectType=Machines instruction in filter description on IQL field in Define your asset type, ofcourse I created the objectType Machines in my Object Schema, and I add some objects in Machine Object list.
I am using the free accoenunt of Jira and Insight because before purchasing the tool I want to be sure that it is what I need. Do you think it is realted with the kind of plan that I am using? or it is related with the NextGen Vs. Classic projects that is explained in the post:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Linking-Insight-cloud-with-Jira-Service-Desk-cloud-Cannot-Create/qaq-p/1367537
"Hakan Bahadir May 11, 2020
Hello,
Yes, unfortunately Insight fields are not supported by Next Gen projects.
Please find the Jira Service Desk Cloud guideline for migrating from Next Gen project to Classic below:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/migrate-between-next-gen-and-classic-projects/"
Thank you for your support!