Hi!
I'm trying to figure out the best way to make a JSM project and a Jira Software project work together smoothly. I'm searching for the proper way for help desk agents have developers fix bug requests and notify customers that the problem is solved.
The problem is that when a customer creates a new request, the issue is in JSM project. And developers work in a JS project (and usually don't have access to JSM project, because each developer would need a product license for JSM).
Could someone please give me a hand?
We have 2 projects: a Jira Software project, for our development team, and a JSM project, for our customer support team.
When a customer opens a new request for a bug, a new issue is created in JSM project. From now on, what is the best way/workflow for the developers fix that bug and automatically notify the help desk agent that the bug is fixed so the customer can receive a reply? If all users in Jira Software could see JSM issues, the problem was solved, because the developers could see the description and fix the bug. As far as I know, the only way would be to add developers as help desk agents on JSM, but that would cost us very much.
So I thought about this:
- Make an automation that creates a new issue in Jira Software with the title, description and attachments from a specific issue.
- When a new bug request is created in JSM project, the help desk agent could manually trigger that automation in the issue view, and a new issue would be created in JS project.
- The issue created in JS project would have the same title and description of the JSM issue, so the developer can understand the bug reported by the customer.
- The JS issue would be linked to the JSM issue, with the link type set as "blocks".
- When the JS issue is resolved, via another automation a new comment would be added to JSM issue warning the assignee (help desk agent) that the problem is solved.
- Help desk agent can manually answer the customer saying that the problem is solved.
The problem is that we would work with 2 different issues about the same subject. Not sure if this is correct and desirable.
Please, am I in the right path? Jira products are very advanced and complex to set, I'm not sure if this is the best way to achieve the result.
I'm sure that making JS and JSM work together is a very common question/task. Any help/suggestion is very well appreciated!
Thank you very much,
Gui.