I'm wondering how I can train an entire organisation to see the benefits of using the service portal rather than exclusive raising issues in the email channel. So far we've really only framed this as something that benefits us. In my opinion, the best approach is to find the users who regularly submit tickets via the email channel, and if 10 of them come in from that user within, say, 1 week, a message goes to them specifically saying "we've noticed you're using the email channel a lot — have you considered the benefits of using our portal?".
I'm hoping the solution will be based entirely in Jira Automation, but would happily consider ScriptRunner or something, if someone can actually show me evidence of similar use cases. In general, I'd like to be able to base rules on the number the reporter has done something within a period of time.
I have a similar plan involving rate limiting on high priority issues. I do want users to be able to set their own priority. Overall they actually use it pretty responsibly. Some users do not, and I would like to have a rule that says if the reported has submitted more than 1 issue in the last week with a priority >= 'high', their priority will be lowered and a comment appended explaining what constitutes an appropriate use of 'high'.
I've found pieces of a solution to this here and there, but I'm curious as to whether anyone has attempted what I'm attempting, or if someone can point out why my approach is flawed. Tunnel vision and all that.