I know that @mention-ing people in a new comment notifies them. However, what happens if I edit the comment and @mention another user for the first time? Does this additional user get notified?
Hi John,
Based on my understanding of "Mentions", a notification is sent to a person the first time you mention them in the content of a page, but not for subsequent mentions of the same person.
If I understand your scenario correctly, you are mentioning an additional user (which I suppose is the first time that person is mentioned), so I believe a notification will be sent to that new user.
Reference - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/mentions-251725350.html#:~:text=Confluence%20will%20send%20the%20person,disabled%20the%20user%20mention%20feature).
Hope this helps.
Thanks Vinod! I've edited my question to clarify further. Thanks for the docs link as well. It sure does say quite clearly:
A notification is sent every time you mention someone in a page comment or inline comment, not just the first time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.