Suddenly I am not able to receive email notifications from bitbucket. My email address is patrick.yee@gmail.com.
Very much like https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/I-stopped-receiving-bitbucket-email-notifications/qaq-p/1088558. And the comment in that thread recommends us to report as individual questions.
Hi @Patrick Yee ,
I checked in our system and I found a hard bounce event for this email created on 14th December 2020 with the message
550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces.
I assume that this was because of the Google outage that day. A Bitbucket email was most likely sent during the outage and we received a hard bounce event in response, which indicates permanent failure.
I went ahead and removed that event, you should be able to receive Bitbucket notifications from now on.
Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.
Kind regards,Theodora
It works now. Thank you very much for your help, Theodora.
Hi, @Theodora Boudale . I'm experiencing the same issue, presumably due to the same gmail outage. Would you mind removing the hard bounce event for my address (blackhawk5732@gmail.com), as well? Thanks!
@Patrick Yee , that's good to hear, you are very welcome.
@jlinn5732 , of course. I could see the same issue with your email as well. I removed that hard bounce event, so things should work as expected now (please feel free to let me know if that's not the case).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.