Hello,
I have been tasked with upgrading a Jira server as shown above. It has been ignored for several years and the users noted that 7.12.1 was going EOL. The instructions for upgrading seem "simple" just run the upgrade package as long as the DB was upgraded to 2016 or later. Somehow, I don't think it is that straightforward.
The app server and the SQL server are separate VMs running 2016 and 2012 R2 respectively. The SQL server is running several instances and 2016 is running on that server.
Regarding the database, can I just backup up the db and then restore to the newer version or is there something else needing doing so that part works?
Regarding the app server, is it as straightforward as I perceive? Previous experience with Java based (Apace) server apps have always been somewhat complex.
I was thinking that I could just back up the configurations, blow away what is there and then install clean. I'm not a Jira user at all, just the IT guy tasked with doing this.