Hi, i'm trying to clone a repo in aptana via https and also ssh, but the speed is very slow. The average speed is 10kb/s
Do you know a solution? Thanks
You don't say what kind of repo (Git/Mercurial) or the size of the repository. All those can make a difference in clone performance. Your network may also impact the performance. Here are some things you can do to troubleshoot:
The repo use Git, size around 20mb
I've no problem with my network
Was this issue ever resolved? I am also experiencing slow speeds when cloning a git repo. Actually my downloads seem to get throttled after about 30% downloaded. My average speeds are 90Kbps to 150Kbps, on a gigabit network. Anyone have any additional insight on this issue?
We don't have any issues with our network that would cause this. In many cases, we've found that the route from a user's ISP to our network (NTT) to be the issue. Please work with your ISP first to determine if they can reproduce the issue. Then, review our network troubleshooting guide for assistance in things you can check that could be a cause. Finally, once you've exhausted these options, come to support with the results from the tests noted in our trhoubleshooting guide. We will be able to provide this information to our network provider.
I also faces the same issues
Same here in 2019.. download speed from repo 60-100 kbps on 100 mbps download. No problem on ISP, everything else working perfectly. Obviously Bitbucket is being very slow and nobody pays attention. Time to move to GitHub
Hello everyone, just restart all your network devices like your modems, routers, hotspots and whatever you are using to get connected to internet.
This worked for me.
I was also facing the same issue, everything else was getting good speed except bitbucket, but it is solved when I restarted my mobile (I was using mobile's internet using hotspot)
I tried SSH connection via ipv4, but same issue. i just turned off everything like @hritikarthur suggestion and it's working now.
Restarting doesn't help at all for me. I've restarted both, network-connection and PC. Without success.For me it takes now round about 5 Minutes to do a fetch and > 10 Minutes to do a push. The Network-Speed shows a short peak of 150KiB/s and after that slow down to round about 1-3KiB/s. The Screenshot shows round about 1 Minute of connection time (and the fetch was not yet finished after that)
I've looked at the network-troubleshooting guide, and figured out, that the ping does not get a connection:
After all, what solve my Issue was to force ssh in ~/.ssh/config to use IPv4 with this line:
AddressFamily inet
I don't know, why this issue happend out of the blue, because before yesterday it works like a charm without... but this solve it for me.
Did you reconnected to your network or restarted your devices?
I use mobile hot-spot for Internet, so rebooting my mobile worked and not just disconnecting and reconnecting to Internet
Yes, like I wrote in my post at the very beginning.
i am also having the same issue from years sometimes cloning speed is good sometimes it really slow like 10-15kbps
2 hours to just checkout a 50 MB branch. Ridiculous.
Having the same issue, anyone else find a good resolution?
I'm having the same issue. Any solution yet?
Same "story" here.
I think it would be faster to visit their data center on foot and copy data, than wait for "git clone"
I am Windows 10 user, no network issues, but git pull with download files very slow
My solution: update git to latest version
Thank you very much Samuel, forcing ssh to use IPv4 also solved slow response time from bitbucket. This was driving me crazy since it would not replicate on two different PC both connected on the same network !
50 KiB/s
Germany. 50 Mbit/s connection
same issue here....
have to wait for hours!
same here in germany.
vpn helps
Same here in 2020 :dCloning is long, pushing is long. GitHub works perfectly btw.
Same story...
Can anyone help ?
Same in aug/2020 :´(
Same issue in 2020-11-10 only 15 kiB/s
worst speed ever seen 3kbps, please look into this atlassian
which one is the download speed?? 15kib/s??
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.