Hi All,
I came across a warning on our JIRA SD Cloud page about the update of the issue view. Is there anyone knowing when it will be complete? Some of the functions like issue linking does not work properly in the new view and we need to switch to the old view to perform it.
Thanks in advance.
Hi @Didem Aksaray
31 Mar 2021 is when the 'old view' will be turned off
Regards, Liam
Hi Liam,
Thanks very much for your answer. I assume all features will be carried over to the new view and they will work fine since then, right?
Hi Didem
I'd expect that most should work if Atlassian are choosing to move on this date. I expect they would push back if there were major problems.
You said that linking tickets does not work correctly - can I ask why?
the new view doesn't impact "feature functionality" but it may at times seem like it does. For example, presentation of issuetype in the new view vs. the old view. ;-)
Hi Didem,
Liam and Jack already said something to the technical aspects.The whole picture is, indeed, an ongoing optimization of the UI.There has been released an interview this week which helps to understand what is happening right now - along with the promise that everything will be better in the end.Currently, and I can absolutetly relate to that, it is lots of work to do and like in every good project some side effects that now affect all of us.
In case you want to watch here is the link - I found it quite open and full of good information:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Cloud-Migration/Hear-about-cloud-performance-from-the-Head-of-Product-for-Jira/ba-p/1553641Cheers,Daniel
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.