Hi, I'm new to Jira, and I'm trying to set up a service desk and a self-searchable knowledge base. I am using both service management and confluence on cloud (currently using Confluence on trial as we determine if it will work for us)
I have the service desk set up, and I already have some customers using it to enter tickets, that's all working well and good. I have a test customer that I use to verify functions myself from an out-of-organization point of view.
I have the confluence space that I created linked as a public knowledge base in Service Management. Everything shows up nicely and is searchable on the help desk portal while I am logged in to my administrator account. As soon as I log in to my test account, the knowledge base is THERE, and the customer can see the "category" I created, as "Learn More About:" and then it gives a category.
When logged in as admin, clicking that link brings up a list of articles.
When logged in as a customer, it states the category is empty.
I have all kinds of anonymous/unlicensed use turned on trying to get this to work.
I can take the direct link to the confluence space (in confluence), and open it in an incognito tab, and I can view the entire confluence space without being logged in to anything. So the anonymous use is working properly, but for some reason there's still some kind of restriction on the service desk?
If I take the URL from the article on service desk (from my admin login) and try and open it in the browser with the customer logged in, it says "You don't have access to view this confluence article"
While I can then have that exact same article open in full confluence in another window with nothing logged in.
I have been searching through all kinds of information regarding knowledge base access issues, and most seem to come down to anonymous use not being turned on. My instance of Confluence currently has that turned on and it's confirmed working, so I am wondering if there's some other access or permission from within service management that I am missing. I've seen a couple settings referenced in Service desk , mainly "All active users and customers can access this knowledge base without a confluence license", but I absolutely cannot find that setting, and the last time I saw it mentioned was a couple years ago. It seems to be replaced by the "public/private/restricted" setting of the linked confluence space?
IDEALLY, I'd like to limit knowledge base use to only customers who have logged in to the service management portal, but I need to get it working at all before I start trying to limit it.
Thank you.