Hi,
I know it is possible to move issues to another project but can you move a project to another project to keep the issue key?
Thanks,
Lauren
I'm not sure what you are aiming to achieve here - projects contain issues, so in a literal reading, "move one project to another project" is nonsense. The only way I could answer it would be "move all the issues from one project to another", but that's explicitly ruled out, so I'm stuck on what you're trying to achieve.
If it is about moving the issues, then no, the issue key is always "current project - sequence".
I was asked if we could merge projects into another project. I was finding out if this was possible, now I know we can't so I can let them know.
Ah, ok.
Yes, a project merge is "move all the issues from one project to another".
You can set it up so that they remain distinct-ish - if you've got issue type A, B and C in the source project, and D, E and F in the target, and they have different configurations for fields, screens and workflows, you could add A, B and C issue types and config into the target project so the issues still work the way they did in the old project. But they'll have to take on the project key and sequence of the target project (searching their old key will still find them)
Great! That's perfect, thank you.
And if it is about changing the project key for a project, you can do that. And redirect will work afterwards. But you can't change the project key to one used by another project
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.