I am trying to find out what drives the search function in our Jira Service Management Portal. As it only displays 3 results at a time, this can be quite limiting so I want to check if there is any way we can improve the results that are displayed in the 3.
Is this based purely on word matches in the KB titles? or is this also driven by popularity, date, etc? I have added labels to the articles so that we can search these more easily in Jira but it looks like the portal search is based on other factors.
How does the search function generally work? And do you have suggestions for how to get the best out of it, given its limit to 3 search results max.
We realise the expansion of the search result feature is already a backlog item:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4263
But for the meantime, we want to maximise the use of what already exists if possible.
Thank you!