I am following the article here to create a very basic template for my internal team who are not experienced with JIRA.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-create-issues-using-direct-html-links-in-jira-server-159474.html
When I create a JIRA using HTML all possible fields (custom and default) appear on the create screen. Is there a way to hide the fields that I don't want my team to populate? I
Hi Abhishek,
that cannot be done from within the HTML link - you would have to remove the fields from the screen.
This, indeed, would imply that they are not visible on the screen - no matter if you use the HTML link or choose the path through "create" button.
Cheers,Daniel
Hi @Abhishek Malik - are you hiding fields with default values that you don't want your teammates to change or are they fields that you automatically populate?
Thanks for your response Peter! You see all these empty fields, they are neither required nor have any default value. I want to hide these fields so that when my team clicks on the HTML link to create an issue, all they see are the required fields and the fields I want them to fill..
I am looking for something like customfield_10400=null(or hidden etc), some parameter that can hide the field from the display.
And to your original question- I will populate some fields with default values but won't hide them. I only want to hide the fields that are of no use to my project and will confuse my team members as they will try to populate them.
@Abhishek Malik
As @Daniel Ebers notes below, you would have to remove those fields from the screen.
If you need to keep some of the fields, would it help if there were conditional logic to determine when to show them?
Thanks Peter and Daniel. What exactly do we mean by removing the fields from the "screen"? How do I achieve that? For now, I would simply hide these fields without any need for conditional logic.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.