A ticket has been raised (VSD-158) and I clicked "reply to customer" from within the ticket. When the customer replies, it creates a new ticket (VSD-159 and VSD-160).
The subject in my first email comment to the customer was "https://voice-global.atlassian.net/browse/VSD-158#icft=VSD-158 New terms and conditions popup" so it should match with the ticket ID, shouldn't it?
Here is the ticket queue:
and here are the comments within the original ticket:
Thanks,
John
Hi @John Dawson
Can you clarify what the subject was? Did it have the URL in it?
The email the customer received had the subject:
hmm... it won't let me post it because it's reading it as code. I'll post a screenshot instead:
That's very strange - usually it would just have the Key not a link I think.
Can the user confirm what they did to reply - did they include another email address? Email isn't an exact science for Jira, so even when it looks like you've done everything right it can still throw up an anomaly.
I've asked them although I imagine that they just clicked reply in Outlook.
It wouldn't be anything to do with the fact that our emails have two different names for the same account? So everyone here (at the university) has person.name@newcastle.ac.uk and person.name@ncl.ac.uk (I don't know why tbh... they both work the same).
Reason I mention is because the initial ticket was raised on the customer's ncl.ac.uk and the replies were from newcastle.ac.uk...
Hey @John Dawson , you actually don't have to du this manually every time, but you can use customer organizations for that.
Just (a) create an organization, (b) add all email addresses to that organization and (c) enable request sharing. I won't repeat the details, since I just wrote about it over here:
Would like to know in case this helps (and also if not 😉).
Cheers, MarkusFounder of Duplicate AI // Find & Merge Duplicate Issues
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.