Atlassian Team -
I am trying to configure our JSM demo project to generate an Incident on the Opsgenie side when an Incident request comes into the JSM project.
This seems like it should be out-of-the-box functionality for the new OG - JSM cloud product... Yet there seems to only be the Incident Rules related to a Service that can automate Incident creation in OG.
The only functionality that seems new at all with the cloud release is the fact that I can manually link a JSM request to an alert or incident after it exists in OG. How is this not an automated configuration? The integration configuration allows me to generate alerts off of JSM Requests I create (like it did before through webhook), but that is old functionality, and is majorly limited.
What was the point of merging these two products if the only additional functionality was a manual "Linked Request" field on an alert or incident. Am I missing something here?
Shouldn't there be a configuration place where the Requests in my JSM project that selects an "Affected Service" then generates an Incident in OG associated with that Service? That seems like the intended functionality and it isnt available anywhere that I can find.
We have linked Services across OG and JSM now, but the Requests opened against those Services arent reflected in OG, and I still have to create a webhook to automated alert creation from my JSM project...
There isnt even a property for "Affected Service" in the Advanced Integration Configuration for me to leverage in the Alert message (to then generate an Incident rule out of)
Any more recent documentation or assistance on this would be appreciated.