I understand how to restrict viewing articles or Confluence pages based on user permissions and groups. But I want to restrict access to knowledge base articles if the articles themselves are uncategorized. If they are floating out there, I don't want them to simply pop up in a search. They should be assigned to at least one category. How do I suppress all articles or hide them if they are uncategorized from showing up in searches?
If I suppress viewing at the user or page level in Confluence, then the content on those pages is not accessible via excerpts that I have used to provide an easy way to build content updates because then the article shows an error that the content itself is inaccessible. So I want to make that uncategorized article which is really just a building block for other pages inaccessible on the JSD portal to searches.
The link below only shows how to restrict access based on user permissions. Is there no way to restrict access based on category or tag or article property? Restrict, suppress, hide?
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/restrict-access-to-knowledge-base-articles/