Hello, do Jira Server has a REST or a Java API for user anonymization?
Anoymizing a single user takes about 13 min, and we have to anonymize 10 - 15 user per month. I think of implementing some tool-support here.
See also:
Kind regards, Johannes
Hello @Johannes Heger (CD) ,
yes, I think both is available.
You can find more information here:
Hana, thank you! Tody I anonymized some users by REST and that worked. I'm thinking of anonymizing users in batch.
Hi @Johannes Heger (CD) ,
great news! How do you plan to do in batch? Loop through the set of users and call the endpoint for each of them? To be honest I haven't test this functionality much yet, so I would grateful for any information and results. Thank you.
Hi Hana, I'm investigating automating this. I'll get back to you the next weeks.
Hi, We've noticed that many users have been requesting an "Inactive User Anonymizer" feature for anonymizing users who have been inactive for a certain time automatically. We are pleased to inform you that our app, "User Data Cleanup for Jira", includes this functionality. It allows you to track users who never logged in or haven't logged in for a specified number of days and you can use Jira Automation Rules to automate their deactivation or anonymization.
Key features of this app include:
Highly customizable and modular: Configure multiple cleanup rules that can be applied to a single or bulk of users. Maximize control over user-specific data cleansing.
Two-Stage Cleanup: Leaving Day & Permanent: Apply a two-stage cleanup process: deactivate, remove, or transfer specific user data on the leaving day, retain necessary information for traceability, and execute a permanent cleanup.
Preview & Retrospect: Cleanup Control: Before performing cleanup actions for single or multiple users, use the Preview to check all planned actions. Use the Retrospect to check previously cleaned data for specific users.
We believe UDC can save you time and effort, and we’d love for you to give it a try. You can find more details and install our app here.https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1234248/user-data-cleanup-for-jira?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.