How do I get a parent issue to include hours estimates from the sub tasks? May parent task has 0 hours but the subtasks have original hours estimates. The parent issue should reflect the hours of the subtasks.
Hey Kristi, check out this question from a while back: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/28328/jira-and-sub-tasksI believe the discussion in the comments will help clarify things.
Hi Kristi, go to the Time Tracking section of your parent issue and check the box for "Include sub-tasks".
This will aggregate all estimates and logged work from sub-tasks to your parent issue.
I checked the "include sub-tasks" but the hours estimate still shows as blank when planning a sprint as well as the version report. I have my hours estimates in Original Hours Estimate. Should I have it some where else?
That functionality exists as part of the base Time Tracking. I'm unable to paste in a screenshot, but it shows under the three bars (Original Estimate, Logged, Remaining Estimate). I'm not aware of a specific configuration for it. The latest documentation can be found here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Time+Tracking#ConfiguringTimeTracking-ConfiguringTimeTrackingSettings
Can you provide any other details that may help?
I want to see the cumulative hours on the parent ticket in the issues list in Plan mode. Currently I only see hours associated with issues that have been specifically assigned an estimate so a parent issue with subtasks will not display an hours estimate when viewing the list.
Not sure if this has been resolved already but I am running into the same issue. I have the ff.
- 1 Story with blank estimate
- 2 subtasks underneath with 1 day each
- When I check Version Report, the Story still reflects as unestimated
I was expecting the subtasks are rolled up to the parent which means the parent story is actually estimated. When both subtasks are closed with 0d left, it should reflect in Version Report (which is not happening). Is there a way to use the ∑ Original Estimate when creating Version Report?
the same situation
in Backlog view the estimation of subtasks is not included to parent task estimation and total number of hours in sprint - as a result unable to plan sprint based on this number (subtasks not included)
Burndown report does not include subtasks estimate
http://prntscr.com/gyd9co
Questions:
1) how to include subtasks estimate to total parent task estimate so it' counted in Backlog view?
2) how to include subtasks estimate to Burndown report?
Same here. Is there anybody from atlassian helping on this issue?
Hi all, this is how I resolved this issue:
Board Settings -> Card layout -> Choose 'Σ Original Estimate' / 'Σ Remaining Estimate'
Hope this will be helpful!
Try this...
Guess you have only one sub task in Story. Original estimate of sub task was 5 hrs...someone went in and logged hours as 2 but remaining hours was changed it to 4 (instead of 3). Now try to see the "Actual remaining hours" using your data . It will never say "4"
I also need this. Thanks
Please note:
The link is defunct.
I believe this is the new link:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira-and-sub-tasks/qaq-p/56934
This worked for me and was exactly what I wanted. I had only "Remaining estimate", rather than "Σ Remaining estimate", which meant the time estimate of tasks showed up, but not the summary. Once I exchanged them, it worked well. Thank you!
@Erik Sternå,
Good day.
Please can you explain a bit in detail?
Shall I add "Σ Remaining estimate" field on to the Issue screen to view it accumulated?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Akbar.
Hello,
My solution for push-up the Original Estimate of Sub Tasks in parent Task :
And Copy & Paste this code :
if (!issue.fields.issuetype.subtask) { return}// Retrieve all the subtasks of this issue's parentdef parentKey = issue.fields.parent.keydef allSubtasks = get("/rest/api/2/search").queryString("jql", "parent=${parentKey}").queryString("fields", "parent,timeestimate").asObject(Map).body.issues as List<Map>logger.info("Total subtasks for ${parentKey}: ${allSubtasks.size()}")// Sum the estimatesdef estimate = allSubtasks.collect { Map subtask ->subtask.fields.timeestimate ?: 0 }.sum()logger.info("Summed estimate: ${estimate}")// Now update the parent issueint estimateHours = estimate / 60 / 60logger.info("Parent Issue: ${parentKey}")logger.info("Summed estimate in hours: ${estimateHours}")put("/rest/api/2/issue/${parentKey}") .queryString("overrideScreenSecurity", true).header("Content-Type", "application/json").body([fields: [timetracking: [originalEstimate: estimateHours]]]).asString()
That's work
Anthony,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.