We've recently started using Service Desk. Seems good, why not have it in the same place as our issues and save trouble, right? Except I'm vexxed with email support.
Our customers are well used to emailing in requests - they drop us a line at support@ and in comes the email.
I've set that up, in comes the email, an issue is raised, it's in the queue.
I say "Thanks, we've fixed that, let us know if you have further problems." I mark the issue as Resolved, all is good.
Customer then lets us know there's still a problem. The issue gets an extra comment... but the issue stays closed. After research, it seems I need to set up automation. So I do, I use the default for this that's there.
And it doesn't work. It doesn't fire. It *does* fire if the case was raised by me, an actual user. But not the anonymous external email.
So I edited down the automation to what seems to be the bare minimum. Still no joy.
All I want is an issue to not stay closed if someone's commented back on it - too much risk of issues lying lurking, for ever, as who looks at closed issues?
I'm so frustrated by trying to get service desk working right that I'm debating jacking it in. We're a small company and didn't expect a system so hard to configure that we need to develop a high level of systems expertise for it.