Will the Jira transition new issue affect current data or configurations and the customer portal layout
Hi Candy, I am going to say "no" but TBH I need you to clarify what you mean exactly by "...Jira transition new issue...". If you mean to say "If an Agent transitions an issue created by a Customer will it affect the underlying data and if so how. Additionally, will it impact the portal layout?".
So certainly when an issue is transition some underlying data will be update, status if nothing else. However, no configuration changes will occur. For the Portal, the only change will be that the transition will be reflected in the issue view so as to make the Customer aware of what is going on with his/her ticket.
Thanks Jack, yeah , I wanted to know if Agent transitions of an issue created by a Customer how it will affect the underlying data and customer portal.
Lastly how can I link request type and issue types.
Glad to assist. So Request Types are associated to an Issuetypes at creation of the Request type (project settings > request types). You might find this article useful - what-are-request-types and the related ones which you will find links to.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.