Anybody else still see this issue? I followed all the steps to resolve, but I'm still seeing the same restriction when trying to bulk edit Closed JIRAs.
What issue?
Sorry. It's in response to the error message I'm getting when I try to bulk edit Closed JIRAs. The message is "NOTE: You do not have permission to edit the selected 154 issues or at least one issue has a status that forbids editing." I'm a JIRA Administrator and followed all the suggestions on the Atlassian "Cannot Perform Bulk Operations" page.
That is a valid error message. You have one or more issues that can't be edited (Admin rights means admin rights, not "ignore permissions").
Quite often, you'll find that the "closed" status in workflows has a flag on it that says "you can't edit issues in this status". That's my first guess at the problem. To fix it, you'll need to take that flag off by editing the workflow, although I usually do it a little more securely and change the workflow property to say "only allow edits by JIRA admin group"
Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.