In the Legacy Automation, we can set a rule with "When: A linked issue is transitioned" trigger, but unfortunately I'm unable to do it in new Automation module any ideas how to do it with the new automation rule engine
I have tested a new approach
you may use a webhook to initiate the global rule and you can execute the webhook on the software project after doing the condition check
the Global rule
The software project rule
in the software project rule you can have the needed conditions once the conditions are met you can call the webhook with the issue key and according to the webhook the globe rule will be triggered and the actions will take place to the Service desk ticket.
Hi @Asiri Diaz ,
I think it is possible to change the logic of the automation.
The Legacy automation rule was created in the Service Desk project and it was reacting on changes in the linked issue in Software/Core.
Now you can create the new automation rule like this:
1) WHEN: Issue is transitioned (= issue in Software/Core)
2) FOR: Linked issues with the specific link
3) If: Project equals Service Desk project
4) Do something with this linked issue
What exactly do you need to do with your Service Desk issue then?
Thank you!
@Hana
Yes, I did the same but since its multi-project rule, it is countable against the free quota. so I'm looking for a different approach so that will not countable against free quota.
Hello,
Is there any update to having this logic not count against the free quota as with our projects set up between support and development teams, we would be constantly over the quota which would increase costs.
Best regards
Steven
Hi,
you are working with two projects, so I don't think it is possible to get this work with only single project rule...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.