I have the free version of Jira and it´s awesome. Just need to confirm if ´Confluence´ is the subscription I need in order to assign users and roles to some projects (so I can have some private tasks only shared to some members of the team).
Thanks!
Hi Franco - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Confluence is not used to assign roles in Jira. In Jira you need to go to Settings > User Management to manage users.
But under the Free license you do not have the ability to manage roles and permissions that way.
Thanks John! It´s still not clear to me which subscription should I get in order to manage teams, roles and permissions. Whenever I click on add subscription it sends me to a list of different services, but I´m not sure which to choose!
Thanks again for your help!
It depends on your needs - any plan greater then the "Free" plan will allow you to set 'Project permissions'
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/explore-jira-cloud-plans/
If I have under 10 Users but want to use Roles/Groups/Permissions, do I need to upgrade the subscription of just the administrator or all Users?
Many thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.