Hi, I just started using the Kanban Boards feature with my teams, and I'm running into this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-10481. I can't change the rank of any subtask items (even though none of the other tasks - parents or fellow subtasks - are on the same board). It seems like the suggested workaround is to use the parent tasks for ranking, but my parent tasks often have different assignees, and per organizational rules, I can't change that. This makes it difficult when I'm looking at a board for one specific developer.
For example:
CDV-7596 is a parent issue assigned to developer A
CDV-7640 is a subtask assigned to developer A
CDV-7639, the parent issue of CDV-7640, is assigned to developer B
I need to be able to look at the board I created for dev A and rank CDV-7640 above CDV-7596, but the position is locked. I can add the parent issue CDV-7639 to the board, assign it to dev A, and track that one instead of 7640, but - aside from that not being a great workaround for us - what about the case where multiple subtasks are being worked by multiple different people? If I can only rank the parent issue, I can only track it on one person's board at a time.