Is it possible to add a spike indicator line to the sprint burndown chart?
Hi @Justin Cibrone -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
My first guess would be, "no", as the built-in charts are not very configurable.
What problem are you trying to solve and how would you define a "spike indicator line"?
Best regards,
Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy and thanks for your response.
Problem: Not able to indicate new Spikes introduced during a sprint Burndown report.
Solution: Show 'Spike Indicator' on Burndown chart (see attached mockup).
Perhaps limiting the Spike indicators to something like "Limit 5", would make this feasible/possible. (I know it's a long shot)
Something to visually see spikes like this would be great.
Hi Justin,
That is an interesting idea... I am now more confident that is not possible with out-of-the box reporting. I am assuming by "spike" that you mean a spike user story: a piece of work to answer a specific question. And so the spike indicator lines show when one of thoses are active during the sprint.
Your options are probably to investigate the marketplace to see if there is some add-on to purchase, or to try the Atlassian Excel add-on, pulling the data you need to build your own charting.
__Bill
Hi Bill -
Yes, we're aligned in our definition of a 'Spike' user story.
I'll check out the market place and Atlasssian Excel add-on.
Makes sense, thanks Bill.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.