How to remove Inactive and never logged In users in JIRA server 7.12
Dear Kotresha,
just switch to Administration > User Management. Select the user you like to delete. There is a menu hidden behind the "...". There is the command "delete user".
I hope this is of some help to you.
Kind regards,
Tobias
No such option! @tokcum
So I assume your Jira users are synchronized from an external directory, aren't they?
In this case you can only deactivate them, as documented here.
Are you looking for an option to delete users stemming from an external directory?
Yes it seems and i can see Microsoft Active Directory (Read Only, with Local Groups)
when I try to remove user from any groups
@tokcum
Yes because few of the users are inactive but few issues are assigned those inactive users.
So while taking back up if I ignore inactive users then I may loose the issues/data related to them?
So is there anyway to identify if any inactive user linked to any issues ?
I found this thread very helpful:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Finding-Issues-Owned-by-Inactive-Users-with-JQL/qaq-p/249236
It discusses different approaches with and without the need for additional add-ons.
I’m used to Scriptrunner because I have it in all of my customers’ instances.
As I said before, from my experience the user directory synchronization does not delete users in case they are gone in the external directory as long as they are still related to issues in Jira.
I can verify this next week when I‘m back in the office.
Enjoy your weekend.
@tokcum Is there any feature or tools in JIRA to get statistics and reports of administrative activities like users activities, what are all products enabled, add on's etc.
I am an JIRA admin , I want this feature or tool to record the data and present to managment.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.