(OpenSUSE version 42.1)
Hi,
I've downloaded JIRA and am trying to install it but it gives me the error: "Wrong JVM version! You are running with .. but JIRE requires a tleast 1.8 to run."
I download java for linux from the java website and went through the install process.
Here are the outputs of some commands, so you can see that it is installed and what path it's installed to:
Untitled.png
2Untitled.png
I'm not sure if i've got those paths pointing to the right bits, this is what those paths look like:
3Untitled.png
I tried running update-alternatives --config java and I updated the selection to point to that java installation, as it was pointed to "/usr/java/latest/bin/java", though that's made no difference.
Having changed that, the output of java version is now:
4Untitled.png
At this point I'm not even sure if it's installed properly any more, or where I went wrong.
All I can tell from the check-java.sh file is that it's not getting the response it expects from "$_RUNJAVA" -version 2>&1 | grep "java version"
I've tried running that in the terminal, but $_RUNJAVA doesn't seem to do anything.
Can anyone advise what I need to do to get this all working?
Thanks