Hi,
My company maintains an openldap server which stores the information of all the employees. All company internal systems authenticate with it when users login.
My department is responsible for software developing/testing and divided into many teams. I want to add the employees of my department to corresponding team in openldap so that I can manage user permission based on teams in jira/confluence/gerrit/gitlab/svn/jenkins/sonarqube and so on. However, I have no permission to add team or group to company openldap server.
My plan is to :
1. set up a new server inside my department to store the user information. The new server could be a jira server, or a ldap server, or anything else.
2. synchronize the user data necessary from the company openldap server to my department server.
3. create groups in department server.
4. add users to corresponding group in department server.
5. confluence/gerrit/gitlab/svn/jenkins/sonarqube authenticate with department server instead of the company one.
I know Jira has such functionality. We can manage the users synchronized from ldap server into different groups in jira server, and then the jira server can authenticate for confluence, but I don't know if Jira can authenticate for other software such as gerrit/gitlab/svn/jenkins/soarqube.
If not, is there other alternative solution? Any help is appreciated.
BRs,
Liansheng