What I am looking to do is have 2 add'l hierarchy levels and allow 1 level from the top (as shown below - Feature) be available to use if wanted/needed.
Reasoning behind this is that some of our teams are looking for additional granularity between the Organizational level and the Epic level..in addition to other reasons. So some teams will use an additional Feature level to further disect work...and some will not need it.
I have this hierarchy set up in Advanced Roadmaps (ARs) but the Parent/Child links don't work the way I was envisioning...ie if I try to set the parent of an Epic to a Portfolio Epic, Jira will only show the Feature issue type.
The only reason the Epic is showing up in below the PE is because I updated the hierarchy in AR (to include the additional Feature level) after I had put a plan together.
Created the following hierarchy:
- Portfolio Epic
- Feature
- Epic
- Story
Does anyone know of a way to accomplish what I'm trying to here?
I had tried to see if I could use ScriptRunner to add another hierarchy level...but could not figure out how to do that.
Any assistance/thoughts would be wonderful!