Hello Guys,
We are planning to turn off our Jira Instance. We will download the backup file but if we won't use Jira anymore how can we access the ticket details? Is there an easy way to access this information through the backup file? I mean can we extract attachment or comment directly from the backup file?
Thanks in advance,
Regards
Technically, yes, in real life, no.
Whilst the backup is xml and hence theoretically readable because it contains everything, it is very hard to read, without huge piles of code. I would say that it's only suitable for importing into another Jira, not as an archive.
adding to what Nic accurately conveys. if you wish to have access I recommend exporting each project to a csv file and store locally. use excel when/if needed.
If we will stop using Jira then it would be near impossible to read the data?
Is there a way to export the project directly as CSV? I know that we can export via the "All issues" page but there is a limit of 1000 requests to export.
If you have Excel then install the jira-cloud-for-excel-official extension (or if you use Google sheets get the one for it). In Excel (or Sheets) you can enter an JQL (project = abc) and the issue will be directly pulled into Excel.
Hello Jack,
Sorry for coming back to this late because we had trouble downloading the actual backup file. As far as I understood, your solution is not for the backup file right? It is for using with an actual live Jira instance. I am looking for a way to extract data directly from the XML backup file.
Thanks!
Not impossible, just painful, because you'd need to work out how to get what you need from a flat XML dump of a data store.
The relationships between different data items are done mostly in the logic of the system, and that is not in the XML, it's in Jira.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.