when attachments are disabled and in the field configuration the attachment field is required what does it happen?
You'll get a message telling you that you can't commit changes (create/edit/move through workflow) until you've filled in the mandatory fields.
and what would happen if in the field configuration the attachment is not required and for example when I create an issue I fill a file as attachment. do I get a message?
Nic, can you please help me?
Thanks
By default, the Attachment field could not be set to "required", as it is a fallback mechanism that if attachments are disabled and the Attachment field is made to be "required", a whole lot of validation failures may occur.
Justin Alex, Atlassian.
and what would happen if in the field configuration the attachment is not required and for example when I create an issue I fill a file as attachment. do I get a message that the attachments are disabled?
Two things here.
1) I really don't understand the question, as it seems to be the same question I've already answered. Again - optional = can leave blank, mandatory = must be filled in or you get a message telling you it's mandatory. Why are you asking again?
2) I'm terribly sorry, it didn't click that it was attachments. Attachments cannot be made mandatory, so the whole question is moot, and my answer doesn't really apply because you can always leave attachments empty.
That's the thing here, Flavius. You cannot set the attachments as required or not. They are just not there.
ok, but still, what happens, if on a screen I set the attachment field, I put something in there, and the attachments are disabled? does the attachment field get not rendered on the screen? or it get's rendered but it's just ignored?
this question is still unanswered:
what happens when attachments are disabled and on a screen I put the attachment field and I fill something in there?
thank you
You've had several answers already, and I don't understand what you are actually asking any more.
Could you re-read your question here? Specifically "attachments are disabled" and "I fill something in" - that's complete nonsense - the attachment field won't be there, so you CANNOT fill anything in.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.