A feature request is created as an EPIC tracked in a separate project called FR in JIRA. What is the best practice to track a design limitation of the feature in JIRA?
Hi @Jeyesh Jeykhar , when you are saying "design limitation", is it another type of Jira issue which has been created in a project different from "FR"?
Hi @Jeyesh Jeykhar ! Are you using Jira Align? If you are, there are are a couple approaches you can take.
@Deepanshu Natani, I am trying to figure out if creation of another project for Limitation is the best approach or if there anything else that I could do in the current project "FR" itself.
The end goal is all the limitation should be tracked as per release basis. i.e Each release will have a set of EPICs created in the "FR" project. I would also want the limitations to be easily documented and collected at the end of a release.
No, we are not using Jira align. We are using only Jira
Hi @Jeyesh Jeykhar ! You're in the Jira Align space of Community - I would recommend posting your question to the Jira Community page...you'll get better answers :-)
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira/ct-p/jira
Good luck in your quest for knowledge!
Thanks Mark
@Jeyesh Jeykhar, Do you see any problem if you manage all the epics, design limitations and releases in the same project?
You can simply create an issue type for creating and tracking your design limitations in the same project. If required, they can be easily linked with the epics and also assigned fix versions/ release.
As per the details shared by you, I do not see any reason to create a separate project
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.