Fairly new to Jira so I need help navigating the sprint board. I have created custom swim lanes to allow a focused view for day to day work. We work a main story as a team and keep track of the progress using sub-task items. It is possible for me to have a sub-task in my custom swim lane with a grey story heading. My issue comes in when I want to open that grey story to get details to understand the sub-task better or know I is time to work the sub-task. (Since the story will have more detail then the sub-task might). Normally if I click on a story I get a fly-out panel on the board about the story that I can use to read the details. When the story is in Grey mode I don't get that fly-out. Instead I must hunt the board to find the story or do a search to find it. Does anyone have an alternate solution to get my focused view or an easier way to find/open the story when you have the grey title?
One of the details from the story I might want is the status. Since my sub-task may require me to wait for a story to reach a certain status before my sub-task can be worked.