I have a Jira Structure which groups some issues by sprint.
I'm wondering if I can show the sprint start and end date in columns using a formula? So far I'm only able to show the sprint name.
Hello Charlie,
David from ALM Works here. While Structure itself cannot access the Sprint Attributes from Jira, this can be accomplished by creating a scripted field with Scriptrunner. Through Scriptrunner, the sprint start and end date values can be displayed as columns in your structure.
You may need to modify the script, but below is a snippet of what it should look like.
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessordef whichDate = "StartDate"def sprintField = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Sprint")def dateToWorkWithif (whichDate == "EndDate"){ dateToWorkWith = issue.getCustomFieldValue(sprintField).endDate}if (whichDate == "StartDate"){ dateToWorkWith = issue.getCustomFieldValue(sprintField).startDate}def result = dateToWorkWith[dateToWorkWith.size()-1]if (result == null){ return "No Date Information"}result
If you have any questions about this or need additional assistance, please feel free to contact us via support-team@almworks.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Best,David
Hi David
Thanks for your detailed answer and the script.
I'm luccky enough to have sciptrunner on that Jira instance :-)
Cheers
Charlie
How do I do this with Jira Cloud?
This answer is a bit old, this is much easier to do now. On cloud (or Server/DC) you can now do a very simple formula like so:
sprint.startDate
sprint.endDate
Here is the relevant documentation if you'd like to learn more: structure cloud formula documentation
Cheers,
Nick [ALM Works]
@Rnts6NL7bo
On cloud (or Server/DC) you can now do a very simple formula like so:
Do you know if it is possible to access the sprint start and end dates from the parent if I group the issues by sprint?
So I group by sprint, and for each issue under that group, I would like to pull the sprint start and end dates from the group. This is relevant in the situations when the issue has multiple sprints (it has been spilling from sprint to sprint) and I would like to just handle the start and end dates of the sprint the issue is grouped under.
Hello @Vesa Purho You can display the parent Sprint's Start or End date with a formula like this on Server/Data Center:parent{sprintstartdate}where sprintstartdate variable should be mapped to the Sprint Start Date attribute.and this formula on Cloud:sprint.filter($.name = parent{split(summary,": ").last()}).startdateI hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please reach out to us directly at our support portal and we'll get back to you shortly.Best regards,Stepan KholodovTempo (the Structure app vendor)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.