When I'm trying to delete issues from JSD:
JIRA says:
but all the issues remain and won't get deleted.
What might be the problem?
I expect you do not have permissions to delete. You can chat with your admin but (^soapbox) deleting issues is almost always a bad idea (v soapbox).
@Jack Brickey I am the administrator and I have all the permissions.
so i don't have server version so the below references cloud so some translation required but as an admin i'm sure you can do so. :-)
verify that for all projects where you are trying to delete issues that you in fact have delete permissions - project > project settings > permissions > delete issues
if you do and you cannot then i'm unsure TBH. I would try other projects or have other admin try.
@Jack Brickey My project permission scheme is somehow empty. Why is that so?
Also when I press the Permission helper button JIRA freezes and nothing happens.
@JConstantine
As you are on server does it throw anything in the logs when you delete them?
Below the name of your scheme is there nothing ? (the permissions should be shown there). It seems to be a project specific scheme (so not shared) so you should atleast have the permissions themselves there.
The fact that also your permission helper freezes seems to lead to something else going on.
I suggest checking the logs first to see if anything strange/error is showing and also doing a re-index. As your instance says it completed fine but still shows the issues it leads me to think about an index issue.
Could you maybe also share what version of JIRA and JSD you are on?
@Dirk Ronsmans Below the name of your scheme is there nothing? - Correct. There's nothing in there. It's the first time I see something like that.
Could you maybe also share what version of JIRA and JSD you are on? - I have the latest versions of JIRA and JSD.
I'd done re-index already.
When you go to the permission scheme OR delete an issue what does it say in the logs?
I've found a few older issues that result in the same behaviour (blank page when editing/showing scheme) and they seem to always throw an error.
Could you see if you have any ERROR entries in the log?
Hello,
if your permission scheme page is blank, you may have this issue :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/blank-page-displayed-when-loading-permission-scheme-configuration-in-jira-server-297670208.html
@Dirk Ronsmans I'm not really sure what should I look for in the logs.
@Mohamed BenzianeWell, I've tried that changing ID method and it worked but I also noticed that it works if I just change the permission scheme to the default one without changing any IDs. It looks like I'll have to do this for every single JSD project and that's kind of disappointing. Why would all the default JSD permission schemes be blank?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.