Is it possible to define estimation time for Development & Testing ?
Yes, you can put the estimates on the issue.
I do not think I have given you a useful answer here, but I can't - you'll need to explain what you want in more detail. What are you trying to achieve here?
There are two different functions in a team,
1. Development
2. QA - Testing
3. Documentation
At present we estimate the time for issue but we do not know what is the time for development & Testing & Documentation, So we verbally communicate the Assignee about the estimates. So
I would like to know if it is possible to distribute the estimation time for Development and Testing ?
So that i can clearly see those estimations in time tracking when i open issue.
Is there any way to do this in Jira ?
I would think about using subtasks for each of the three types of work you're doing. You still won't be able to differentiate them on the parent issue, it will still just show "all time estimated/logged" as an aggregate, but at least you would be able to clearly separate them out, and the time could be shown in the sub-task display on the issue too.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.