I've recently upgraded to 8.12 a little over a month ago and I was running windows updates last night. I came back to not being able to connect to Jira via the web because of an error speaking about utf8mb4 and collation utf8mb4_bin, after trying to change the schema of for the db there was no change in Jira. I then went back and dropped the db and restarted by creating a new db with the correct chara set and collation, but now I am still getting the same error, and as well in my newly created db there were no tables created.
*****UPDATE
I have restored my VM back a few days and I am now back to my original error:
Database: We've found an error in MySQL supported version!
The database setup is not supporting utf8mb4
See our documentation for more information on setting up MySQL 5.7
With this being said, I haven't ran into any issues but rebooted the VM yesterday and now things are terrible.
I read an article to check my character set and collation and this is the query I ran on MySQL 5.7.29:
SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES WHERE variable_name LIKE 'character\_set\_%' OR variable_name LIKE 'collation%';
These are my results and I am soooo confused:

How do I set character set and collation to all tables, and will this screw anything up to my data?
****Update UPDATE
I found a work around to a bigger problem. As for the variable and values shown above I have no yet found a way to get these to change and for the JIRA to be happy with the changes. I can go and run:
<span>ALTER</span> <span>DATABASE</span> <span><</span>yourDB<span>></span> <span>CHARACTER SET</span> <span><</span><span>charset</span><span>></span> <span>COLLATE</span> <span><</span>collation<span>></span>
and so on to the 'table name' and as well for the column but that turns into a disaster because I have 100s of tables and columns, and one could 'alter' could blow the machine to pieces.
As for the FIX: I am running utf8 under 'character_set_system' and nothing else, which is weird and probably a bigger problem THAT I STILL NEED HELP WITH SO THROW ME SOME IDEAS, but what I did was manually edit dbconfig.xml and instead of having set to mysql57, I just set it to mysql....and its running as of now!
BUT STILL LET ME THE ME KNOW THE BEST WAY TO CHANGE THE VARIABLES ABOVE TO MYSQL5.7 REQUIREMENTS.
THANK YOU!
Please help!
Thank you!