How to export Zephyr test cases with Description field included?
I cannot find way to export all the fields of each test.
You didn't mention what format you need to export to, but one possible way to do it is with the Better Excel Exporter app (for Excel) or Better PDF Exporter (for PDF) which integrates with Zephyr.You can export various Zephyr test details, including steps, executions, step results, and even create test reports from Zephyr data.
You can find Zephyr Excel export samples here and PDF samples here.
Read more about the Zephyr integration in the Documentation.
(Please note that Better Excel and PDF Exporter are paid and supported apps and I'm part of the team developing it.)
By quickly checking the provided examples I do not see Description field is included in excel export. Is the description field of the test included?
The Better CSV Exporter is what's needed here, but it's not supported on cloud. I would like the ability to export Jira custom fields associated with the Test issue as well as the Test steps. Is this possible?
Hi @Janne Kekonen
To my best knowledge, in Zephyr, a Test is an issue type. So the test description is the description field of the issue which also can be exported!
You are right that the Zephyr sample export images or other samples don't show that because that's not typical to export to Excel, but it's possible.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.