Hi all,
someone can explain the real difference between Long Term Support and End of Life ?
According to what is written in the Atlassian documentation, all versions of JIRA Server go to End of Life 2 years after the first major iteration of that version was released. Ok clear.
The Long Term Support releases (for example 8.13) it should be supported for 2 years. Ok, so..the same of EOL ?
If I understood right, the difference is very few months... With LTS version you always have 2 years of support and with the non-LTS version you lose maybe 1 or 2 months.
Also I was thinking about this case ... Today I just upgraded JIRA to 8.13 version (LTS) and the license expires on December 31th, 2020. If I decide to not renew the license for 2 years, I still have the support (LTS) for 2 years ?
If then after two years I want to upgrade to the next LTS version what I have to pay? I have to pay 50% for the previous two years or I have to pay a simple classic renewal at 50%?
If anyone can help me understand this I would be grateful.
Best Regards,
Antonio