This is perhaps two questions in one.
1) The issue I have is I can't search for customers (such as when opening a ticket on their behalf, and I need to select which customer it is for) by the organisation / company name. It seems I can only by their name or email. In many cases I don't always know the name or email address of a customer. But I always know the company name, so would like to be able to search by this field. Is that possible?
2) I assumed it Jira might not be letting me search by customer organisation because perhaps their customer record doesn't have that information set on it. I wanted to view, and hopefully edit, each customer, and see if it's possible to add the organisation to their details. (I already have their record associated with their organisation in the Customers database, but the search system doesn't recognise that).
When I try to "View profile" of a Customer, Jira goes to an error page, stating:
- - - - -
Looks like we’re off the beaten track
We landed here for a user that does not exist.
Head back to the directory to search for another user.
Button:: [Back to directory] (links to https://oursitename.atlassian.net/jira/people/search
- - - - -
So, in short, my two related questions are:
1) How can I search for customer's by their organisation name?
2) How can I edit a customer's data?
Thanks,
Jonathan