I'm new to JIRA, but now I have responsibility to lead bigger ongoing project which has complete issue, milestone, label, timing structure created in GitLab. Our company/department is using heavily gitlab-issues to track all our work.
But since Git is very weak in roadmapping I decided to move whole logic to JIRA and have masterplan/roadmap here and detailed breakdown of issues, commits, code merging might stay in Gitlab.
My main concern is transitioning from our current gitlab issues system to JIRA without loosing track of anything.
Is there any best practices, plugins, manuals or whitepapers on how to make this transition?
I am aware of the plugins to integrate github and JIRA, the question is not about linking existing JIRA issues but about moving all the issues and all it's structure we currently have in gitlab to JIRA *and* then link those issues to their respective projects/code located in gitlab when needed.
Thanks