HI,
We have Jira Service Desk project set up for anybody to be able to raise a ticket. However, yesterday during a demo with a client we sent an email to our support desk email address and the email did not generate a ticket. I checked the logs, and the email was not logged either. However, it definitely did reach our Office 365 account that the JSD project is linked to.
The email address in question is an existing Atlassian account, so I would have expected the email to go through, or at least to have a log entry showing why it failed. When I added the email address as a customer, the system picked up a number of tickets raised by the same email address, so the process worked previously.
I know that if an account is inactive it will reject such email requests, but it will also log the rejection. But this is an active email account, so is anybody able to explain why there was no entry in the email log please?