Ok, so I have "read the documentation" down before I go making changes so while resetting my master I somehow deleted all the files that I managed to fix after three years... but following this link.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Undo-quot-Reset-current-branch-to-this-commit-quot/qaq-p/340956
I found the 'git reset --hard HEAD@{1}' worked and I have my files back WHEW.
So now I am getting an error
"""
On branch master
Your branch and 'origin/master' have diverged,
and have 1 and 1 different commits each, respectively.
(use "git pull" to merge the remote branch into yours)
nothing to commit, working tree clean
"""
When I do a git pull I get
'fatal: refusing to merge unrelated histories'
My git reflog produces this.
"""
133f131 (HEAD -> master) HEAD@{0}: reset: moving to HEAD@{1}
310786e (origin/master) HEAD@{1}: reset: moving to origin/master
133f131 (HEAD -> master) HEAD@{2}: commit (initial): Elisabeth is working
"""
How do I make sure I save the files I have, then I guess merge them into the repo and finally what "learn git" course would you recommend?